My consultation with Dr Nurul was for today, and since it's the first time I am at KKKL, I decided to write about the experience here, so that for those of you who are new to HIV care and need direction and advice, I hope this will be helpful. Overview of KKKL Public parking is on the right-side KLINIK KESIHATAN KUALA LUMPUR Where: Behind Pusat Darah Negara (if you are driving, enter at Jalan Temerloh which is beside Istana Budaya). If you still don't know, please Waze or google. Operation hours: Monday-Friday 8am-5pm (lanjutan till 9pm & Saturday morning for selected services, HIV care is NOT in the list of lanjutan) Pharmacy: Ground Floor Monday-Friday 8am-5pm (except Friday 12pm-2pm) Pharmacy Drive Through: Monday-Friday (12pm-4pm only). Terms & conditions apply. My visit to KKKL So I arrived at 7.15am and there are several people queuing by the main entrance already. Good thing there is plenty of parking available. The door open at 7.30am, a...
So the time has come to draw blood at this new facility. As I was unfamiliar with the procedures here, I wasted about half an hour waiting in vain at the wrong place. My blood test schedule was almost once a year (if not twice at most), but since I was transferred to this new facility, I have not had my blood taken here before. So everything is new to me. And there is no online information on how to go about it. Again, here I am, writing and sharing the process with you all. The queue to draw blood is just horrendous, and it was all because there's only 1 counter serving. Only later the poor staff realised she cannot cope handling the registration, printing, assigning rooms, taking questions, directing patients all at the same time that she called for help to clear some backlog. Once registration is processed, nurse will assign a room to you. Each room has like 2-3 nurses inside drawing blood, which makes the process very fast. ...
Further from POZboySG's blogpost about Treatment Procedures in Peninsular Malaysia , I would like to digress and add on my own experience and thoughts for his readers and mine alike. Let's start by adding a few facts that is on a need-to-know basis from his blogpost. 1. PT Foundation True, they don't have a resident doctor for all your medical needs. PT Foundation is not a hospital, but they have Dr Nason Tan who volunteers outside his clinical hours. Dr Tan is well know in Malaysia for volunteering and the likes of doctors without borders having served in Nepal and Africa as a volunteer doctor. Plus, he's hot and cute :) Dr Tan runs his own clinic in Bandar Menjalara Kepong. Other doctors who's known for volunteering include Dr Illas Yee, but he's more into seeing general STI rather than specializing in HIV. Dr Yee is attached with Universiti Hospital, sometimes referred to as University Malaya Medical Centre (UMMC). 2. Problem with UMMC doctor From...
Comments
Post a Comment